Fighting Cuts & Privatisation
The following resolution was passed unanimously at January full council:
This council recognises that the attacks on public sector pensions are part of a broader cuts agenda affecting public services as a whole. Public sector workers are being asked to work for longer and pay more in order to receive less from their pensions. We believe that these changes will also affect the quality of service provided to the public and that this is therefore much broader than simply an issue for the public sector.
- Community and Youth Workers to strike on November 1st
- Nov 30! All Out for Pensions!
- March for the Alternative!
- Urgent Solidarity with Youth Workers
- Support youth services
- Solidarity With Southampton Strikers
- Celebrating International Workers' Day
- Campaign Groups Hand in 700 Petitions
- Videos Against the Bill
- Kill the Bill!